Building and Security of Payment Update
Security of payment legislation was enacted some years ago, with a view to establishing rights for parties seeking payment for work they have done and the plant and materials they have supplied.
This seminar provides practitioners with an ideal opportunity to refresh and learn the latest developments in this often contentious area of security of payment.
Steven Blanch, Partner, Henry Davis York on Wednesday 31st August 2011.
Steven Blanch is a Partner at Henry Davis York and has over 10 years' experience in construction, engineering and infrastructure law. Steven provides both contentious and non-contentious advice to government agencies, statutory authorities, principals, contractors and consultants.
Steven's experience in non-contentious matters includes the negotiation and documentation of numerous infrastructure contracts, including:
- Concession Agreements - recent projects include NSW Rolling Stock PPP, NSW Hospitals Project, UNSW Accommodation Project, Department of Defence Headquarters Project;
- EPC and Design & Construct Contracts - recent projects include Western Sydney Water Recycling Project, Newpac No.1 Colliery;
- Alliance Agreements - recent projects include Bangor Road Bypass, Pacific Highway Upgrade, Energy Infrastructure Alliance, South West Railway Alliance, Track Services Alliance;
- Joint Venture Agreements - recent projects include Western Sydney Water Recycling Project;
- Operation and Maintenance Agreements - Western Sydney Water Recycling Project, NSW Rolling Stock PPP, Cross City Motorway, Epping to Chatswood Rail Link;
Other documents including - Government Completion Guarantee, Traffic Shortfall Agreement, Parent Company Guarantees, Consultant Appointments, Performance and Retention Bonds, Collateral Warranties, Tripartite Agreements.
Steven's experience in contentious matters includes:
- Supreme Court - injunction applications, review of expert determinations, negligence of designer, anton pillar orders;
- Arbitrations - enforceability of liquidated damages, extensions of time, practical completion, variation claims, fitness for purpose warranties, limitation periods, Quantum Meruit, claims on project insurance;
Adjudications - Security of Payment Act adjudications
- Mediations - liquidated damages, variation claims, limits of liability.
Steven is admitted to practice in NSW, Victoria and England and Wales.
Download the Booking Form
^ Back to top